Welcome to Northwood School
Northwood School was first opened as an elementary school in 1957 with Ernest Ellis as the principal. It was built on 20 acres purchased from G. A. Page Enterprises. The original school had 16 classrooms and a cafeteria. At its point of highest attendance, records show Northwood housed 869 students. When the building was closed in 1981, it was rented to medical professionals for several years, then in 1987-88 was reopened as a school housing four special education programs, where 12 area school districts housed students. Currently, Northwood is home only to Raytown School District students.